On the 7th Day Pt 2

All you need to know-On the 7th day pt 2

Once again while the (allegedly) omnipotent, omnipresent one was having a day off, last Sunday, the (allegedly) evil horned one and I were not.

I don’t know what Mephisto was up to, but Jim O’Connell and I were at a private party in Kabukicho, Tokyo shooting some more poledancing pictures for my “On the 7th day” series.

Well, what ya gonna do?, a good friend who happens to be a poledancer mails you asking if you want to come and shoot 10 poledancers at an exclusive little club.
As I believe I mentioned last time I wrote about this, in my mind, to say ‘no’ to a invite like that would be like admitting defeat, a person might as well, put down his camera, tuck his aran sweater into his stonewashed jeans and take up knitting.

As with last time, I of course unashamedly enjoy a good poledance show and have massive respect for those girls, but what really rings my bell as a photographer is hanging out backstage, where, because I’m friends with one of the dancers I have full access and the girls trust me enough to relax and let me take pictures.

So, presented here are 2 galleries, with a heartfelt thanks to Yuri and the other girls.

Gallery 1 – “Backstage”

Gallery 2 -“The Show”

Post to Twitter Post to Facebook Post to LinkedIn Post to Reddit

Related posts:

8 comments for “On the 7th Day Pt 2

1. February 5, 2010 at 10:16 am

Working hard as always…

2. Matt
    February 5, 2010 at 10:51 am

Hard at work?

3. mhodges
    February 5, 2010 at 10:57 am

ask you to shoot, but not to show their faces?

4. February 5, 2010 at 11:07 am

@Max Hodges – I presume you are refering to the backstage stuff. That was an artistic decision.

5. February 5, 2010 at 12:59 pm

These are wonderful photographs, Adrian. Beautiful subjects, gorgeous lighting…all sensitively and intelligently handled. No wonder these women trust you. This series would make a great book! (one with Jim would be amazing, too…especially if it was bound dos a dos..)

6. February 6, 2010 at 1:04 am

Fantastic stuff, rich and powerful, energetic and sensuous, there is a beauty to these images that goes beyond the attractiveness of the girls in the pictures. Good work mate. Damon

7. sean
    February 7, 2010 at 9:53 am

You seem to have a way with the sirens, you old hound, you. It must be your sensibility!

8. February 18, 2010 at 7:16 pm

Love the midriff pulling up the daisy’s, especially the gold sequin number with the 1000 yen in there…no matter what anyone says, Japan’s still much more lucrative than the U.S. strip tease market…even in LA those would be $1s.