Akaenda Berlin – Part 2 – People

Ukoo “KABOOM!” Flani and Upendo “Hero of Love” Hero

As with most things, despite my professed misanthropy and a firm belief that Jean Paul Sartre was right when he said “Hell is other people”, people are what makes this cosmic joke we call existence bearable.
There is a special bond that develops when people live together in a tight group all focused on the same thing for a limited period of time, a camaraderie and a shared language, often impenetrable to outsiders, that makes the drudgery of normal life seem all the more dull when the period is over.

I’m on a bit (understatement of the week) of a post Berlin comedown for exactly that reason.
I’m longing for a bigger world, a bigger life, just something else, something abstract, something that would feel like flying.
But instead of flying, what I get is the crush of overcrowded subway trains.
Not a good substitute.

So for the second part of the “Akaenda Berlin” blog posts, a gallery of the people I worked with or met in Berlin.
They made the process the amazing, inspiring, life altering supersonic flight it was.

Respect brothers and sisters.

This misanthropist salutes you all, and Thanks you from the bottom of his little black heart.

Silvia “Is this weather serious?” Gioiello (Producer) and Vincenzo “bambino,mozzarella,Mussolini, neo-liberal” Cavallo (Director)
at Tuneup studios – Raw Temple, Berlin

Sam “Pikey Greenpiece,Pith Helmet” Hopkins (Art Director/Cameraman)
(Sorry for this photo Sam, but it’s a f%$king classic I couldn’t resist;-)

Lorenzo “Spiritual Blowjob” Melis (BTS video and Spiritual Advisor)

Pepe “Pepito” (8mm camera,independent filmmaker)

A small gallery of aditional people we met or worked with or who helped make it all so special, and a few extra ones of Vincenzo and Silvia as blatant flattery so they give me a job again soon;-)

(sorry to anyone I missed, Katarina and the Teichmann Brothers for example, I was obviously working too hard everytime we met as I don’t have any photos of you:-(

We cannot display this gallery

Akaenda Berlin series of posts:-

Part 1-Grafitti

Post to Twitter Post to Facebook Post to LinkedIn Post to Reddit

8 comments for “Akaenda Berlin – Part 2 – People

1. eiichiscart
    December 12, 2010 at 10:35 am

Cho- iine

2. Jose Luis Navarrete
    December 16, 2010 at 1:12 am

big hug from swiss….pepito!

3. December 16, 2010 at 5:05 am

dear adrian

thx for these captured memories and your unexpexted sentimental words.. they sum up pretty much what I had on my mind..

berlin and me are welcoming you any time again..

love peace unity

4. December 16, 2010 at 7:45 am

Manu!! Pepito!!!
    Thanks for your comments.
    I didn’t get your emails (sorry, massive oversight on my part) so I’m really glad you saw this post.
    You helped to make it the amazing experience it was, and for that I am truly grateful.

5. sam
    December 16, 2010 at 8:26 am

you’re such a softy.. all that cynicism is just guarding your tender soul, brother…

but could u please supplement that photo with one where i don’t look like a windowlicker.

bigging you up (greenpiece). much love. tarquin

6. December 16, 2010 at 9:06 am

@sam/tarquin
    Kind words my brother, but in the immortal words of Bill Hicks ” I smoke because I need the tar to fill the holes in my soul”.
    Nothing tender left I’m afraid.
    And I’d love to change the photo for one where you don’t look like a twat, unfortunately I think such a photo doesn’t exist ;-)

7. December 16, 2010 at 11:20 am

Look at this outpouring of love! You’re the worst misanthrope i’ve ever met. ;)

8. December 16, 2010 at 11:28 am

@Jon Ellis – Even misanthropes have their vices, mine is a weakness for bags of skin filled with water, pus and bones.
    And anyway, shh! you’re blowing my cover ;)