On the cover of “Latitude” iPad magazine

The above photo of a Samburu woman shot on my trip to Kenya earlier this year (part of a set you can see the rest of HERE) is on the cover of issue 2 of the iPad magazine Latitude (app store link).
Published by the collective publishing house Latitude magazine is :-

“a historical record of the world as it exists on one day. The cumulative work of over 40 photojournalists spread across the globe, the magazine aims to present the daily lives of an international collection of interesting individuals, communities and workplaces, in a manner that expands our understanding of the world.”

This is a unique project that has taken a unique approach. The Collective are passionate supporters of photography and journalism and Latitude Magazine is the product of that passion. Through a unique revenue sharing agreement The Collective has been able to put the ownership of the publication into the hands of the very photographers who are producing it. 70% of all revenue collected from sales or advertising is funneled directly back to the photographers with the remaining 30% used to fund design and development improvements. This unique approach has enabled The Collective to attract some very talented photographers, the results of that speak for themselves.”

I am extremely proud to be part of such an amazing project with so many incredibly talented photographers and it means a great deal to me to have the team chose my picture for the cover.
In these dark days when all we hear is “the death of photojournalism” Latitude is photographers taking the situation into their own hands and embracing new technologies to prove that photojournalism is still alive and kicking.

If you have an iPad you really have no good excuse for not going and buying a copy for the incredible price of $2.99 and supporting the collective and the photographers.

Latitude magazine(app store link)

For those of you (like me) without an iPad a preview video of the Latitude app is available on youtube HERE.

You may also enjoy:-

Loading…

Post to Twitter Post to Delicious Post to Digg Post to Facebook Post to LinkedIn Post to Reddit Post to StumbleUpon

  • eiichiscart

    Subarashii !

  • Matt

    Very cool.

    It’s for things like this that I’m tempted to get an iPad. Really don’t need one, but there’s iPad only content turning up that it’s sad to be missing out on.